Monday 21 July 2008

Money talk in Tepuke

With working holiday visa, i work legally at NZ... hence... i entitled for tax... Gross earning of kiwi packing is 10.50 NZD per hour, everyday we can work up to 10 hours, but from that total gross, 20% tax filtered before bank in to your account. Not too bad, at least i can earn up to ~80 NZD per day. How about picking? By theory, picking should earn more, because is about how much you can pick in 8 hours and how many of you in the team. But when the team is not balance, you know what happen, even football team need some activity or training to create team work, i know my team mate base on my understanding when the supervisor distributing gear to me and say which bin and line to go...
As the result, gross is very subjective, in lump sum, i pick for 5.5 days, and the nett gross i gain is 482 NZD... More gross compared, less working compared, more tired compared...
20% tax is high? I guess that apply to all citizen of NZ, i don't know what the government going to do with that amount, but as a traveller in NZD, i notice:--- @I can enter all the national park including world heritage spot without any cost, just cost you need to pay for guide or transport. @I can enter most state museum FREE, including few best museum i ever visit. @I can reach I-Site or tourism information centre in any place easily and get friendly service, good info plus smile and is FREE... @I can use all the public toilet FREE plus some automatic toilet across NZ, and is clean, even for some rural area, hole digged for the temporally toilet is very deep, although you can see accumulated dung in the hole, you wont smell it, i guess climate of NZ cause that or the team have a good control on the 'cycle life' of a temporary toilet... Last but not least, i love nature... i allow them to spend the my tax balance to help the earth...
Back to money talk, total gross for 5.5 weeks in tepuke is 2.1k NZD, good enough to support the rest of my kiwi journey... stay tuned...



[This is part of the New Zealand Working Holiday] or [Where in the Route of New Zealand Map]

No comments: